Community Service for Groups
AFRP welcomes the participation of community groups that wish to volunteer for special projects. Service groups, church organizations, scout troops and others can participate in a variety of meaningful volunteer opportunities while supporting AFRP’s lifesaving mission.
These projects might include:
- Helping with a fundraiser or special event
- Washing and organizing our transport vans
- Assisting with painting or other maintenance chores
- Organizing merchandise at our AFRP Treasure Shop
- Helping pick up or deliver Treasure Shop furniture donations
Email AFRP at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
Community Service for Students and Children
Young people are passionate about helping animals, and often ask how they can become involved with AFRP. Even though you need to be 18 years or over to become an AFRP volunteer, there are many ways for younger kids to help, including raising funds to help with animal expenses or raising awareness about homeless animals.
Many schools require community service hours, and AFRP is happy to give credit to students that donate their hours to organize or participate in a special fundraiser or project. You’re never too young to make a difference in the life of a homeless animal!
Here are some ideas:
- Hold a bake sale
- Organize a neighborhood garage sale
- Participate in a Walk-a-Thon
- Organize a car wash
- Have birthday party guests bring animal supplies to donate
- Organize a classroom donation drive
- Donate proceeds from a lemonade stand
- Collect aluminum cans and donate proceeds
- Use social media to spread the word about adoptable pets
- Create flyers or posters to promote adoptable dogs and cats
- Come up with an idea of your own!